Q: Do I have to 'sell' the ideas of AA to the prospect?

No.

Here's the perfect example:

Then he asks me if I believe in a power greater than myself, whether I call that power God, Allah, Confucius, Prime Cause, Divine Mind, or any other name. I told him that I believe in electricity and other forces of nature, but as for a God, if there is one, He has never done anything for me. Then he asks me if I am willing to right all the wrongs I have ever done to anyone, no matter how wrong I thought the others were. Am I willing to be honest with myself about myself and tell someone about myself, and am I willing to think of other people, of their needs instead of myself, in order to get rid of the drink problem?
“I’ll do anything,” I reply.
“Then all of your troubles are over,” says the man and leaves the room. (Page 213, Alcoholics Anonymous)

He presents the solution. He leaves the room.

Comments