Q: I'm a bit stop-and-start with my stepwork and other AA activities. What do I do about this?

 Do I recognise that alcoholism is a progressive, fatal, and incurable disease?

Do I have it?

Do I recognise that it is active and progressive even if I am not presently drinking and maybe have been sober for years?

Do I recognise that, if it is not arrested, I could drink at any time?

Do I recognise that, if I drink, I may never stop?

Do I recognise that, for it to be arrested, I must have a robust relationship of reliance on and service towards God?

Do I recognise that, if I do not have such a relationship right now, my safety depends on swift and solid progress towards that goal?

Do my actions and thought life today show that I am prioritising this above all else, doing whatever is suggested to establish and maintain a relationship of reliance on and service towards God?

Comments