Q: My sponsor hurt my feelings. What do I do?

I used to be a great one for hurt feelings, particularly in response to a sponsor's input.

The true nature of such feelings: offence that I might be wrong and someone else had named it.

To recover, I need to be willing to be wrong.

Once, someone asked me to sponsor them, and they audited me to check that I did the programme as they proposed.

This was backwards.

To recover, particularly with a new sponsor, one must be prepared to take on board something new.

To take on board something new, something old must go.

The old thing must be cherished or it wouldn't still be there.

Anything a sponsor says that I agree with is a waste of time.

If I already agree with it, there's nothing to be learned.

The benefit comes only from things that run against the grain.

Comments